Thanks to all the advancements we have had in technology and hardware.
We can now enjoy the keyless feature that is in cars in our homes. Digital locks give us the option of keyless entry into our homes and can give us more peace about our safety and security. They are easy to install and set up but if you are having trouble it is always best to call a locksmith. But we will also go over a simple intro to keyless entry for your home or office.
How they work
The lock is made to only unlock after a specified sequence of numbers or letters has been entered. However, you enter the private numbers into a keypad, much like you would use at an ATM or unlock your phone, as opposed to dialing them in with a knob. The code is specific to you, thus there is a limited chance for reproduction or invasion because only you know it.
Initial set up
Much like your existing lock or door knob, you simply replace the existing lock with a digital keyless lock and set up your specific code. Again if setup becomes an issue it is best to call a professional locksmith to ensure your door will lock properly and keep you secure. Once it is all set up it is a great idea to store your code in a safe place to make sure you never forget it.
Resetting a code
It will happen and there may be an instance where you need to rest the code to your door or lock. This can also be done fairly easily.
- Find your factory set code. This will usually be found in the owner’s manual.
- Enter the assigned code quickly and in order. This will be 4-6 digits (depending on the manufacturer.)
- If you entered it properly, the device should unlock.
- Quickly press the 1-2 button
- Enter your personally chosen code in the order you wish for it to remain
- The door should then lock and unlock to verify that you have programmed it successfully.
- Remember to write down the new code for your records.
If that doesn’t seem to work it is time to call in the professionals. Bar Locksmith is your primary choice for a San Diego Locksmith. They have the best-trained technicians that are available 24/7 to help. This can save you from an emergency or give you the best time to get your door or lock fixed so you can get back to your busy life. Give them a call today to see how they can help you!